Happy Mag are looking for new writing interns to join our team in Newtown, Sydney.
We’ve checked into a brand new office and we’re looking for a few new faces to join our growing team and help take our projects to the next level. Please note this is an in-house Sydney based role.
Want to work alongside Happy Mag’s team in Sydney? We’re hiring a new intern in our Newtown office – it could be you!
We are looking for writers and music lovers to join our team of contributors once a week in our Newtown based studio. So if you’re gifted with a pen (or keyboard) and you’re always plugged in, with a passion for Aussie music, arts and culture then we’d love to hear from you!
This is an in-house role, and the experience could be accredited with relevant media and journalism qualifications, and a letter of reference can be provided.
The role is initially unpaid, however as we expand our editorial output we hope to develop a full time in-house role for the right candidate.
We wouldn’t expect any work related or out of pocket costs to arise, however these would of course be covered if necessary.
Some skills and specifications that would be highly regarded include:
- Experience in a writing role in the arts, publishing or entertainment industry
- Knowledge of the music and arts scene in Sydney and beyond
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written skills including editing, spelling, and grammar
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
The job specification looks something like this:
- Researching relevant and interesting news stories
- Write highly compelling articles to strict deadline
- Develop high-quality features and conduct compelling interviews
To apply, email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.