We are stoked to announce that our Needle In The Hay vinyl competition has returned!
Fresh off the back of Needle In The Hay: The 7-Inch Singles Edition, we wasted no time putting the wheels in motion for the next move. This time it’s going to be bigger than ever.
Just like the inaugural comp, we are opening Needle In The Hay to albums and EPs. Entering will put you in the running to have your record pressed to 12″ vinyl by Zenith Records, and to win a ton of prizes to boot.
- Paste the URL for your album or EP (either released or unreleased) to the NitH enter page and pay the $5 entry fee via PayPal – please only submit streamable links (Soundcloud or Bandcamp only), any other submissions may be delayed or voided.
- The Happy team will listen to every submission and decide on 10 finalists.
- From the 10 finalists, three guest judges will choose the winner and runners-up.
Please note that NitH is open only to Australian or New Zealand artists, either signed or independent. You CAN submit multiple albums and EPs, however, these must be separate entries. Demos are a-ok too!
Early Bird entries are open for a limited time so don’t miss out!
1st Prize: 250 x 12″ vinyl copies of your album or EP pressed by Zenith Records with full colour packaging, plus more to be announced.
Runner-Up Prizes: Over $20,000 in instruments, studio and high-end recording gear, software, mastering packages and more will be up for grabs for all 10 finalists.
The intent of Needle In The Hay is to foster greater awareness of upcoming artists, and offer them the opportunity to release their music on vinyl. We are on the side of new Aussie bands and Happy Mag hopes to play a part of developing the careers of these artists, shining a light on the next wave of emerging talent.
• Only submit Soundcloud or Bandcamp links. All other submissions may be difficult to process. Please check your links are working before you send them.
• Yes, managers and labels can enter on behalf on artists.
• Yes, signed artists can enter the comp.
• Yes, demos are a-ok.
• Yes, your music will stay 100% private.
• Yes, if you’ve already released your album or EP on vinyl, or if it has featured on another release, that’s totally ok.
• Yes, you can enter old albums or EPs.